Care And Maintenance
By the guidelines below, you will be assured many years of Trouble-free service. Even after the refinished surface can be put back into full use after 24-48 hours, the surface will actually require up to 90 days to completely cure. Please observe the following:
- During the refinishing process, masking tape was used, which will protect other surfaces during the drying and curing, but which can be easily removed by you.
- Clean the finish regularly with soap and sponge(this is called surface refinishing).
- Be sure to towel dry surface after each use.
Long Term Care
- DO NOT use any abrasive cleaners on or neat the refinished surface. Your new, glossy finish is easily cleaned with any mild liquid cleaner, and should be cleaned after each use. In general, any cleaner approved for use on acrylic surfaces is okay to use.
- DO NOT use any abrasive scrubbing pads, such as Scochbrite or any similar scrubbing pad, as this will scratch the new surface.
- DO NOT drop sharp or heavy objects on the finish, which may cause it to chip. Contact us immediately for repairs should this occur. Failure to contact us in timely manner can result in further damage and will void the guarantee.
- Faucets must be properly maintained by the owner and user, to protect the new surface. Leaky faucets will erode the new finish, causing it to crack and wear out prematurely, and voiding the guarantee.
- DO NOT use a rubberbath mat. Most mats will produce a reaction with the new surface when subjected to hot water. We can apply a non-slip surface for a small charge.
REMEMBER, if you treat your new surface with respect, clean it regularly, and follow the above guideline, your fixture will stay shiny and bright, and give you many years of trouble-free service.